Sunday, February 20, 2005

Not Quite Normal

I'm not really sure why things always seem to turn out this way, but our life is never quite as normal as it first appears.

For instance, this is the picture everyone sees of our wonderful son Bretty who played basketball and was overjoyed that his whole team took home trophies at the end of the season...



Yet it broke my heart while he was playing because he was never quite that enthusiastic during the games...



That was kind of a sad oddity. Mostly, though, it's just plain weirdness in our home.

Here's our eldest son David after a visit by the toothfairy -- who apparently was working overtime that night...



Upon closer inspection you can see that he doesn't just lose one of his front teeth like most normal people, he lost both of them at the same time.

But I must admit it does make him most amusing to listen to nowadays.

Then consider our daughter Alyssa who celebrated her 14th birtday the other day. Pretty normal, right?



Well, not in our household. Something had to be different, after all.

For instance, rather than a birthday cake, we had to have this...



Yes, Alyssa asked for a birthday pie.

Or think of my lovely wife Cari's Valentine's Day present.

Flowers? Nope.

A heart shaped box of candy? No way.

Diamonds? Nah.

So what does my wonderful wife get for Valentine's Day?



Two pack of Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

Alas, while our lives are not quite normal, I'm not a complete fool! Here is my lovely wife with her real Valentine's Day Present...



Pearl earrings and a pearl necklace.

I'm trying to get ahead with my brownie points because you know it's just a matter of time before I once again do something really stupid.

Let you think I don't need to do that, well, even my mother apparently thinks so. She even helped earn me a few more brownie points because the jacket Cari's wearing is a gift from her!