Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Nalani's Homework

If she were a character on Star Trek, she'd be a Borg and be called "5 of 6"...



This lovely little girl is Nalani - the 5th of our 6 children!

Well, Nalani just turned 3 today...



...so she still is a couple of years away from Kindergarten. However, she desperately wants to be like her older brothers and sister and go to school as soon as possible.


So we got Nalani a backpack, a notebook, and a couple of pencils and crayons.

She loves them and plays with them often.

Well, earlier today I looked up and saw this wonderful little girl sitting buck naked at the table scribbling in her notebook...



So I asked Nalani, "Why did you take your clothes off?"



Nalani responded with a tone that I sometimes use when explaining the painfully obvious to the uninformed..

"Because I have to do my homework, Daddy."

Duh.