Saturday, March 29, 2008

March Birthdays

March is a time for birthdays in our family. First is my father. Then the next day is David. Four days later is my Aunty Prisca, Uncle Jack, Aunty Jill (all siblings of my father!) and me. Yes, it is kind of a weird coincidence even for a family of 12 kids like my Dad.

Well, the first celebration was for our boy David...



David selected a pie for his birthday - does no one eat cake anymore? What would Marie Antoinette think?

Among his presents were many an item celebrating the greatness of his favorite team...



Red Sox hat. Red Sox Watch. Red Sox T-Shirt.

And the kid has never even been to Boston.

Then came my birthday...



And no, I didn't have a cake either...



That's raw cookie dough.

Heavy on the walnuts, light on the chocolate chips. Baked just right and serve with milk that had been cooling in the freezer.

Mmmm, good.

The birthday present of the weekend was Guitar Hero III for the Wiii. Basically, you get to create your own band and then you rock on!

Kekoa and Bretty formed the band, "Tyler" - named after their cousin.

This is what they looked like in our living room...



This is what they looked like on the television screen...



Bretty was lead guitar and Kekoa played the base.

I don't know if it's just my son, or all base players, but this boy was incredibly stoic and serious while playing.

Here's Kekoa playing the opening riffs...



Then his face changes radically while laying down the baseline...



Then he really gets crazy doing a base solo...



And here's his expression heading into the big finale...



Must be something about playing the base.

Bretty, however, on lead guitar, was fully acting the part...



Ya gotta feel the music...



And get down and jam...



When the music moves you, ya better be ready to show off for the crowd...



Those are my two youngest boys - the guitar heroes!