Sunday, October 31, 2010

Memories of Local Food in California

Okay, these pictures are a bit dated - they're from May when we gathered in California around my brother shortly before his passing.

But I've been thinking of that lately, and came across a few interesting pics.

Here's a picture my sister Renee took of my brother James and me as we were entering the "best" Hawaiian BBQ in Mission Viejo...



And here's my picture of Renee at the same moment...



We were sampling food as we tried to decide if we were going to cater local food at a celebration of our brother's life...



As I did try out pretty much every local Hawaiian restaurant in the area (even a couple before and after my siblings were there from Hawaii), I can definitively say one thing...



This most certainly was NOT the best Hawaiian BBQ in town.

Oh, and if you ever need to find a good florist nearby, switch on your turn-by-turn GPS and get ready for a really wild ride.