Friday, February 02, 2007

Dash!

There is great joy and jubilation in the Bicoy home today.

After almost two and a half years, our family is finally relieved from the burden of our old mobile phone contract.

By our count, out of 29 monthly cycles, we have found errors on 18 of their bills. Yes, each and every time the phone company gave us a credit to correct for their mistake -- but it was almost as if it was a corporate strategy. Overcharge every customer, and if 75% of them complain and demand their money back -- give it quickly, but you still managed to rip off the other 25%.

But the worst part of all? If we used the mobile phones in either our home or my office, the calls would keep cutting out!

So finally, our contract is fulfilled and we can get rid of that horrible, terrible mobile phone company. What is that phone company? Well, just follow this link to find out.

But now, we have been welcomed to the one company that is rated the highest for customer service... T-Mobile.

So Cari and Alyssa both picked out brand spanking new Motorola Razrs -- each with its own camera and unlimited text messaging.

For me, I picked out the T-Mobile Dash, a remarkable smartphone and here are a few of the very first pictures taken.

First, my baby girls, right after Nalani finished her dance class...



And the younger boys coming inside quickly to pose, only to head back outside shortly thereafter...



And my oldest boy David mastering the yo-yo...



As an interesting aside, did you know that the yo-yo was originally invented by the Filipino people as a weapon of war? Seriously.


Now, how does one use an object that is designed to fly back at the person flinging it as a weapon? Hah, only those of us with the Filipino mind can figure that one out!

And finally here's Cari, Alyssa and her friend Ninfa.



I'm a brown guy who's related to the pale ones.

And finally, here's a picture of the coolest mobile smartphone I've ever seen (and goodness knows we looked at darn near all of them)...



It wirelessly synchronizes with my office's server so I can get my email. I can access my office calendar, address book, and tasks wherever I may be. I can surf the internet. I can take pictures. I can read MS office documents and pdf files. I can listen to music. I can take videos.

Oh, and I can even make phone calls too!

Ironically, if you've ever been to our house, you may have noticed that every one of the pictures above was taken from the exact same blue recliner in our living room.

It's because I'm on crutches with my achilles tendon wrapped up like a big water buffalo...



Kinda makes it pointless to have an incredibly powerful mobile phone if I'm not going to be very mobile any time soon. Oh well.