Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bret's Relatives Arrive (and not from Hawaii!)

When you live in Las Vegas, the appearance of a long lost relative is nothing out of the ordinary. You'd be amazed at how many old friends and family decide to pay you a visit when your home is in Fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada.

Cari's extended family members often fly in from the Midwest, and many a Bicoy has arrived from Hawaii or California. However in the case of my family, it has always been the Bicoy side that shows up at our door.

This weekend marked the first visit from my mother's side of the family - originally the Deerings of Wisconsin.

My dad is a Filipino guy from Hawaii who married a German lady from Northeast Wisconsin nearly 45 years ago.

Hey, come to think of it, that's basically the same story as Cari and me.

I'm a (half) Filipino guy from Hawaii who married a (part) German lady from Northeast Wisconsin. And in just a few short decades we'll have been married 45 years.

My ego would say that these ladies left Wisconsin because we Filipino men are just so darn irresistible, but then my wife reads this blog and I don't want to sleep on the couch tonight. So let's just be honest and say that this Filipino man was lucky enough to find a woman who'd marry him even though she's way out of his league.

Anyway, here are two of my cousins who visited Las Vegas this past weekend...



That's Bonnie on the left, my lovely wife Cari in the middle, and Karen on the right. And they were both kind enough to lose a few dollars at the tables and thus pay my taxes for the year.

Viva Las Vegas!