Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Visit to Cowboys Stadium!

Growing up in Hawaii, I watched individual Cowboy players play in the Pro Bowl at Aloha Stadium.

But the only time I've ever seen the Cowboys play a live game was watching them
beat up the Packers at Lambeau Field last year.

Hopefully I'll see that again this season as I've got four tickets to this year's Cowboys game at Lambeau Field.

But I've never seen the Cowboys play in Texas.

And this is a vision which tops them all. Here's a picture of the brand spankin' new best stadium in sports...



Yes, that picture is of the new Cowboys Stadium.


And it was a picture that wasn't taken by me.

Sniff.

It was taken by my niece Dina...



Dina was visiting Dallas from Hawaii to attend a ceremony honoring her husband Gregg as the "2008 Navy Civilian Fire Officer of the Year."

And while there, Gregg's fire chief got them a couple of tickets to the Cowboys-49ers preseason game...



Dina writes, "Although we were three rows from the top in the nose-bleed section, you still had a view, and an amazing view it was. It's amazing! The jumbo-trons are unbelieveable. Aloha Stadium or even the old Texas stadium could fit easily in there with lots of room to spare."

"In all honesty, I don’t think anyone could out-do this."



Dina says, "I guess it’s true that everything is BIGGER in Texas!"

And from Dina's picture above, the same holds true for the Cowboys offensive line. On that high definition video screen, those guys must be 50 feet tall!