Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Dressing Up for Malia's Birthday

All week long I've been telling the kids that I had picked out the scariest costume of all time.

When Cari and I came home from the Halloween store last weekend, we made all the kids cover their eyes while I ran upstairs to hide my costume.

This was going to be scary.

The kids kept trying to guess what I was going to wear -- each coming up with a more terrifying idea than the other.

So with All Hallow's Eve upon us, we told the kids that it was finally time for them to see the scariest, most freaky costume they had ever seen.

Cari had them all line up in the living room as I stayed hidden in the downstairs bathroom waiting to jump out on all of them. She set herself up with the camera ready to capture the moment.

Here's the first picture immediately after I screamed and emerged from the bathroom...



I screamed even more and began to rumble over in their direction...



I walked slowly, as if taking my first steps...



And goo goo'ed and gaa gaa'ed up to them...



As my kids met the world's biggest baby...



Welcome to Halloween in the Bicoy home...



Even Cari got in on the act, dressing up herself...



Of course, Halloween is nice, but we kept telling Malia that everyone is dressing up for her. As some may recall, this also happens to be the birthday of our littlest girl. Malia was late in arriving and so the doctor gave Cari a choice as to when labor would be induced.

Ever the patient one, Cari wanted it immediately, and thus, our littlest girl was born on Halloween instead of All Saint's Day!

Oh well, Malia is glad everyone dresses up for her birthday...



And after all the candy, she still gets all the presents on her birthday...



Perhaps for Malia (and her big sister Nalani), a piggy back ride was the best part of this day...



Happy Halloween!