Monday, October 09, 2006

Typical Bicoy Men...

Xavier may only be in his mid-20s, but he is most definitely a Bicoy man.

My cousin Dart's son is heading back out of town tomorrow so he came over for dinner one last time.

After meeting so many different Bicoy men over the years (and especially during the Bicoy reunion this past summer), Cari has concluded that all Bicoy men (her husband included) are all really just big kids. So that's why Xavier seemed to fit in so well with our kids...



Also typical of Bicoy men, they play while the women in their lives bring out the food...



And of course the Bicoy men never hesitate to have themselves a bite to eat...



I must admit that I was mightily impressed with Xavier.

This guy isn't even married yet, nor does he have any kids, yet somehow he has already mastered the "sixth sense." He somehow convinced his Aunty Cari to send me to pick him up, while she made him dinner, and even washed and folded his laundry...




It took me years to master these sacred lessons passed down from my grandfather to my father and now to me.

Ah Grasshopper, the student has become the teacher.

This boy is ready to get married!