Friday, March 06, 2009

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

Recently we celebrated the 18th birthday of my oldest daughter Alyssa.

Yes, I did say 18th birthday.

As in adulthood. Grown-up-city. Maturity-ville.

Happy Birthday Alyssa...



She is now old enough to vote. She is old enough to join the army.

She is old enough for lots of things.

As for me, I'm just old.



She received lots of presents and cards on her birthday as usual, but her brother David was too lazy to make a card...



If you look closely, he took a card that his little sister Nalani made for a previous birthday and just decided to re-use it...



Alyssa thinks recycling is important, so I suppose this makes sense.

As for Nalani, she would have gotten mad but she disappeared. In her place was this guy who showed up...



He introduced himself as "Mr. Gazpacho."

Seriously, Nalani walked around with this moustache and decided on her own to tell everyone her name was Mr. Gazpacho.

Must have gotten that particular gene from her mother.

Speaking of Cari, not too long ago were the Academy Awards - which means that everyone in our house gets dressed up for our very own Oscar party...



The kids looked great but I just loved Kekoa's outfit.

It's a leisure suit right out of the 1970s...



Of course, the biggest news is that Alyssa has finally taken her driver's exam. She's been old enough for the last several years, but only recently did she decide to finally take it.


As a parent, I must say that I am already very concerned about her driving habits.

The other day I was driving home and passed Alyssa in the van driving in the opposite direction with Cari. Through the windshield of my car I could see Alyssa fiddling with the radio and talking to Cari rather than paying attention to the road!

I got so mad that I dropped my electric shaver in my coffee and it spilled all over my blackberry just as I was sending a text message.



Kids nowadays.

Um, rather, adults nowadays, I guess.

Happy Birthday Alyssa.