Monday, March 23, 2009

Time to Eat... uh, I mean "Happy Birthday"

We arrived in Hawaii a few days ago to celebrate my father's 86th birthday.

And because we're Bicoys, that means it's time to eat.

So while Alyssa, Christyn (my nephew Donovan's girlfriend), my mom, and my sister Dawn were fooling around in the living room...



My father and I decided that there was no time to waste... a buffet awaited.

And amazingly, he jumped with me into the Mustang convertible I had rented and off we went...



Our destination was my sister Renee's favorite place to eat,
Tsukiji Fish Market. It's an enormous buffet of sushi, tempura, udon, and lots of other stuff which simply demand to be piled high on a plate.

But my brother James, ever the meticulous and wonderful chef in his own right...



...made sure his plate of sushi was presented just the right way...



Of course, my presentation consisted largely of tilting the plate so everything would just roll off into my mouth...



There was so much terrific food that even my lactose intolerate vegetarian daughter found things she could enjoy...



Uh, well, kinda enjoy, I think.


It was a nice gathering of family members as my sisters Dawn and Renee sat with our Dad...



And while my brother Bernie couldn't make it, Jimmy was there to joke it up with our Dad...



Happy Birthday Dad!



Next year, I say we should gather at my favorite place to eat in the whole wide world,
Soon's!