Sunday, January 16, 2005

Alyssa Hates to Shop!


Alyssa & Malia

I could tell you about Alyssa’s membership in the National Junior Honor Society, her participation as a Band Manager of the Marietta High School Band, or her service as an office aide. I might want to highlight Alyssa’s
exceptional academic performance at Greenspun Middle School since our arrival in Nevada – her straight A average in a full load of honors courses. But the thing that most amazes my wonderful wife about Alyssa is her absolute disdain for shopping! As a father who pays the bills, I cannot tell you how much I adore this young lady! Alyssa even has her own Visa debit card that we gave her to teach financial responsibility – but she never uses it because she doesn’t like to shop. All I can say is, “Yippeee!”

Alyssa is nearly 14 years old (which makes me feel quite old myself) and continues to be a wonderful big sister to all of her many siblings. She has become an expert on using Instant Messenger on the computer to talk with her friends both here and in Marietta, and has even set up her own personal weblog – which is sort of an online diary, except the whole world can read it! You can peruse her thoughts at her personal blog website of http://acbicoy.blogspot.com – and be sure to leave comments. She loves comments!